Monday, June 13, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

This recipe is from Kelly S. It came from her mom and it's been passed down to her. It sounds yummy!

Ingredients:
Four large green peppers (try to find ones that will stand up on their own)
1 lb Ground Beef
1 box Prepared Stove Top stuffing (I use chicken flavor but your could probably use whatever you prefer.)
4 slices of Velveeta cheese (more or less depending on if you like cheese - I ALWAYS use more)
Small can of Tomato Sauce (I could take this or leave it - again up to you)

Cut the tops off of the green peppers and take the inside parts and seeds out. Boil the peppers until they turn bright green. Usually takes 5 to 8 minutes. Take the peppers out of the water and set in a greased baking dish. Brown ground beef in a large pan. After the beef is completely browned, add in the prepared Stove top, Mix well. Place the beef/stuffing mixture in the peppers, then put enough tomato sauce on to cover the top. Last, add the sliced cheese. (I don't love the tomato sauce so I just add the cheese directly to the top.) Place in oven at 350 uncovered until cheese in melted. This usually takes around 10 minutes.

*I must add that you may tear the peppers while trying to fill them. I have done this several times but I promise they still taste yummy - pretty or not :).*

No comments:

Post a Comment