Friday, June 17, 2011

Strawberry Banana Apple Smoothie

Oops! Somehow, I went all day yesterday without posting any recipes on here. I was busy all day and it slipped my mind. So, let's get back into our groove!
Since it's still in the A.M., here's a great smoothie recipe from my friend Kelly S. It would be great for breakfast on the go or a snack.

Strawberry Banana Apple Smoothie

Ingredients
1 cup apple juice
5 strawberries (We use frozen because they last longer but if you have fresh that would be great.)
1/2 banana
handful of ice
1 to 2 tablespoons milled flax seed*

* I add flax seed for fiber and omega 3 - this is not a necessary ingredient. If you do add it, add it slowly. Maybe try a 1/2 tablespoon first then add more the next time you make it. It can take a little while for your stomach to get used to the stuff. When I first started adding it, I did it slowly, like was suggested to me, and my husband and I had no problems. Also, buy the flax seed in the aisle with the flour not the nut or health food section - you will pay twice as much for the same thing :).

Blend it all together.
Makes one serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment