Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cheesy Butter Noodles

I stole this recipe from my step-mom! It's easy & yummy.

Ingredients
1 bag egg noodles
1 stick butter (Use real butter, NOT margarine. It won't taste the same!)
chopped chives (You can use fresh, or dried. I keep some dried ones in my spice cabinet.)
grated parmesan romano cheese (Don't use the kind in the green Kraft container. While I love that kind, it doesn't work here! You can freshly grate it yourself or they sell the glass jars in any grocery store.)

Directions
Cook noodles according to package. Drain. Rinse for just a minute. You want them warm, not scalding. Set aside.
Melt your stick of butter over low heat. Once it's completely melted, add chives to taste. Allow the chives to cook in the butter for a minute or two.
Pour your butter mixture over the noodles and mix well.
Add parm romano to taste and mix well. We use a lot of cheese around here! :) If the noodles are too hot, the cheese will get clumpy.
I like to throw some freshly grated black pepper in there too.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment