Friday, June 24, 2011

Pretzel Chicken

Somehow, it is Friday afternoon, and I realized I haven't posted since Tuesday! Yikes! I apologize for the lack of activity. June has been a busy month, and July is shaping up to be the same.

Anyways! Let's talk about pretzel chicken. O'Charley's used to carry it on the menu. I tried it once and loved it! But alas, when I went back for more, it was no longer being served. This was my attempt to recreate it. It's actually quite simple and the results are delish! :)

vegetable oil, for frying
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
1 bag SALTED mini pretzels
2 eggs
1 cup milk
salt and pepper
honey mustard

Put about 1/2 the bag of pretzels into a food processor or blender. Pulse or grind the pretzels. Its ok if you have some bigger pieces.  If you have neither of these, put them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin!
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Crack eggs and whisk them together in a small bowl, then add milk.
Coat the chicken in the egg/milk mixture, then pretzels. It will take a couple times to coat them in the pretzels.
Fry on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with honey mustard. (I'm a BIG fan of Ken's Steakhouse brand!)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you need a rating system on your blog!

    The pretzel chicken was so so good... we made our own honey mustard to go with it and it was divine!!

    Do you reckon it would be just as nice to bake the chicken instead frying it? N's health conscious these days (and driving me nuts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to decide and I don't see why you couldn't bake it. 350 for 20 minutes or so. Just don't hate me if you try it and it tastes like 'arse'. (That was my lame attempt at being British! Ha!) If it's terrible, or your nervous, just tell N I said to reserve this for an occasional cheat day! :) Tell him Nigella believes in cheat days!!

    ReplyDelete