Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chili Lime Chicken Breast

Greetings, fellow foodies!
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that I tried out not too long ago and it was a hit in my house. I've made a few modifications, for better and fuller flavor.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tsp chili powder
4 tsp packed brown sugar
4 tsp grated lime peel (You don't have to be exact with this. I think I ended up just grating most of the lime.)
juice of 1 lime (The one you just grated! :)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
olive or canola oil

Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive or canola oil
Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag and add lime juice
Shake to make sure chicken is coated
Add all spices to bag and shake again to ensure chicken is coated. (You can also mix your spices in a small bowl and coat the chicken with your hands. I just prefer the bag method.)
Place chicken in refrigerator for 30 min to 1 hour, then grill over medium heat
You could also bake the chicken (I haven't tried it like this) at 375 for 25 to 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment