Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheesy Baked Ziti

Greetings, fellow foodies!
I sort of made this one up as I went along and thankfully, it came out good! This is another one where the seasonings are to taste, so go with what you think is good!

1 box ziti noodles
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Traditional)
garlic powder
crushed red pepper
Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning
shredded cheese (I use a mild or sharp cheddar, along with the Italian blend or a Parmesan Romano blend)

Cook noodles according to package, but go just to al dente. So, if it says 10-11 minutes, go 9 or 10.
Drain noodles.
Lightly spray an 11x13 baking dish with Pam or other non stick cooking spray.
Pour noodles into pan. Pour in sauce and stir until noodles are coated.
Add garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and Mrs. Dash to taste. (I tend to go a little heavy on my seasonings. We like it that way!) Stir again, until everything is mixed well.
Sprinkle on cheese. I do a thin layer of the cheddar, then add a greater amount of the Italian cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, take off foil, and place back in oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Before serving, you can sprinkle with parmesan.
I always serve this with garlic bread, and sometimes a side salad or Caesar salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment