Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spicy Honey Orange Pork Chops OR Chicken

This marinade is so easy! I do it a lot in the summer, because you can just toss it on the grill and it's done in no time. It works well on pork chops (I use the boneless thin "breakfast chops", but you can use whatever) or chicken (I use the boneless, skinless breast tenderloins. Again, use what YOU like).

1 package pork chops or chicken
the juice of 1 orange (if you don't have a juicer, just cut it in half and squeeze it right side up. that way, the seeds don't get mixed in)
spicy honey BBQ sauce (I use the Kraft brand)
salt & pepper

Season your chops or chicken with salt & pepper. Place in a large freezer bag. Add the orange juice. Add BBQ sauce. I don't measure it out. I just make sure I pour in enough to coat the meat well. Close bag and shake so that everything is evenly distributed. Marinate at least 30 minutes. I always go longer, for fuller flavor.
I always grill mine. You have to keep a close eye, because this marinade contains honey and orange juice, the sugar puts it at high risk of burning easily. (Or, caramelizing, as I tell my hubby and son when they accuse me of burning dinner!)
However, these can also be baked. 350 for 20-25 min, or until juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment