Monday, July 25, 2011

Strawberry Basil Lemonade

Greetings, fellow foodies! I apologize for the lack of activity the past few days. We had friends in from out of town and my husband just came to the end of another Basic Training Cycle (He's a Drill Sergeant.), so we had some ceremonies and stuff to attend for that. Hope your summer is going well!

This is a recipe given to me by Scarlett B. I linked up with her on a community page for the area we live in. It's a refreshing drink that would be perfect for those hot summer days!

Strawberry Basil Lemonade
1- packet of Crystal Light Lemonade
1/2-1 container of fresh strawberries
5-10 fresh basil leaves

Mix lemonade in a pitcher that can be shaken or stirred.

Blend the strawberries to a puree or leave it in small chunks) and add in the basil.
Mix with the lemonade mixture and pour over ice.
Adjust to your tasting of basil or strawberries.
I love a lot of basil, so I go heavy on it.
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment