Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Breakfast Potatoes

This is another one of those recipes that I sort of threw together and was happy with the end result! It's also another one where the ingredients are "to taste". But they're easy and everyone I've made them for loved them! I usually make these when we have company and I do a big brunch.

2 1/2 pounds Idaho or Russet potatoes (This is an approximation. I usually have a 5lb bag on hand, and I use about 1/2 the potatoes. Enough to fill an 11x13 baking dish.)
1/4 to 1/2 white onion
pepper
Lawry's seasoning salt
Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning
garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350
Spray baking dish with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray
Chop potatoes and put in baking dish
Season potatoes with pepper, Mrs Dash, Lawry's & garlic powder. All these are to taste. If you like more or less of something, add more or less. I just liberally apply a coating to the potatoes
Stir potatoes so seasonings are evenly distributed
Chop onion into large pieces and layer on top of potatoes. I use these purely for flavor. When the potatoes are finished, I take the onions off and throw them away. You can keep them in and eat them if you wish. If you do, then I suggest cutting the onion into small strips and mixing it in with the potatoes.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
Remove foil and allow to cook, uncovered, for an additional 3-5 minutes.
These are great on their own or dipped in ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment