Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Crescents

I'm sure I'm not the first person to make these, but I kind of stumbled upon them by accident (read: made them up as I went along!) a few years ago when I was looking to try something new. They're sort of a branch off of biscuit pizzas that I learned to make a long time ago in middle school Home-Ec. Enjoy!

1 or 2 cans of crescent rolls (depending on how many you want to make)
1 jar pizza sauce
cheese ( you can use pizza blend, mild cheddar, mozzarella...whatever your little heart desires!)
pepperonis
garlic powder
crushed red pepper (optional-I use them because we like spicy foods!)

Tear apart your crescents into individual rolls.
Add a small amount of pizza sauce to each roll. (I use a kitchen tablespoon when I'm doing this.) Spread the sauce evenly over rolls.
Sprinkle with garlic salt and red pepper (if you're using it).
Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on each.
Cut your pepperonis in half and lay them on each crescent. I use 1 to 1 1/2 per roll. If you like a lot, add more!
Roll the crescents up and place on a baking sheet. (This part is kind of messy!)
Bake according to package directions.

If you're feeling extra Betty-Crocker-ish, you can brush the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle on extra garlic powder and maybe some oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment