Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grilled Mexican Chicken Wraps

My son isn't a fan of these, but they are a fave of myself and my husband. I got the recipe from kraft foods, but I've modified it some.
I always serve these with fries or potato wedges.

1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
1 1/2 c coleslaw mix (The DRY mix. Do not get premade coleslaw!)
1 tsp chili powder, plus extra for coating chicken
1 tbsp lime juice, plus extra for coating chicken
1/4 c ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley)
1/2 c finely shredded Mexican style cheese (The 4 cheese blend, or even whatever you have on hand)
1 tomato, chopped
1 package tortillas (The burrito kind work best. The soft taco kind are too small)

Optional
Sour cream and salsa

Coat chicken with lime juice and chili powder.
Grill, then chop and put into a bowl.
In the chicken bowl, add coleslaw mix, tomato, cheese, ranch, chili powder, and lime juice. I do it in that order, and I usually end up adding a little extra lime. But that's up to you.
Mix ingredients well.
Heat tortillas in the microwave, between 2 wet paper towels, for 30 to 45 seconds.
Spoon mixture into the center of tortillas, fold in the sides, and roll up burrito style.
As an option, you can grill them, seam side down, over low heat for 8 to 9 minutes. I'll be honest. I did that the first time and it was a disaster! The burritos fell apart! I haven't done it since, and it doesn't affect the outcome, especially since I heat the tortillas in the microwave.
You can also serve these with salsa and sour cream. I think they have enough flavor on their own, but again, it's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment