Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomato, Avocado, & Grilled Corn Salad

I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it came from a blog called Within the Kitchen. The original recipe is huge, so I've halved it and it was still MORE than enough for my family of 3. This is a great summer side dish.

1 avocado
1 cup cherry tomatoes
3 ears of corn
1 lime
1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
salt and pepper

The following ingredients are optional and I didn't use any of them. The salad was still good without them!
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
chopped cilantro
chopped parsley

Husk corn and place on grill over medium heat
Turn frequently, until cooked through. This only takes a few minutes, so keep a close eye on it! I used white corn and I knew it was finished when it started to turn golden brown. It's ok if some of the pieces turn black!
Chop the avocado or scoop it with a melon baller (I chopped mine)
Set aside 1/4 cup of the avocado
Cut the corn off of the cob and mix with tomatoes and remaining avocado
In a small bowl, mash the 1/4 cup of avocado
In another small bowl, juice the lime. (I also added some lime zest to mine)
Add the oil (and vinegar, if you're using it) Whisk until combined
Combine the dressing and mashed avocado until creamy and smooth
Add the dressing to the veggies.
Add salt and pepper, then mix.
If you're using the cilantro and parslesy, garnish and then serve

No comments:

Post a Comment