Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

In my house, we don't do seafood! My husband is a fan, and I've even offered to suck it up and make something for him, but he's luckily never taken me up on the offer. However, I'm sure a lot of my readers are fans of seafood, therefore, I should branch out with my posting.
I got this recipe from a blog called Cajunlicious that was recommended to me by my friend Miranda. You should check out the blog for some other great recipes, however, don't compare mine to hers! Remember, I'm a rookie and she's clearly been doing this awhile!! :)

1 pound of mushrooms
5 ounces lump crab meat
Parkay butter spray or 1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 garlic cloves, pressed
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1-tablespoon cream
½-cup bread crumbs
1-tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1-tablespoon lemon juice + a wedge to squeeze on top
Lemon wedges for garnish
Hot sauce


Wipe mushrooms with a damp towel. Pop out the stems, chop, and set aside.
Spray mushroom caps with the parkay butter spray.
Spay a shallow baking dish with butter spray.
Pour 3 tablespoons of the butter into a saucepan; add reserved chopped mushroom stems, minced onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Combine cooked ingredients with breadcrumbs, green onion, Greek yogurt, cream, lemon juice, crabmeat, and seasonings.
At this point, I added a few dashes of hot sauce and a few dashes of Tabasco pepper vinegar. Fill each mushroom cap, piling up.
Sprinkle each mushroom with a little Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and mushroom caps are tender.
Serve with lemon wedges & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment