Saturday, August 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

I WISH I had come up with the recipe for these cookies! They are sooo good! I've made them quite a few times and they always come out great. I found the recipe online awhile ago, where someone reposted it. But I think the original recipe came from recipezaar.

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (After making them a couple times, I decided to up the peanut butter. It didn't affect they way they turned out, other than they tasted a lot better! I use about a cup.)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda


Preheat oven to 375
Combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until blended
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheet
Take a fork and dip into vegetable oil, then dip into a bowl of sugar. Flatten each drop lightly in a criss cross pattern with the fork. (I just do once horizontally and once vertically. You'll have to keep dipping the fork in the oil and sugar.)
Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.

As an added treat, you can dip these in melted chocolate! You could dip half, or the entire cookie. Allow to set 30 min to an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment