Friday, September 9, 2011

Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

**NOTE: I first got the chicken sandwich recipe from my friend, Jaime. She uses Cattlemen's BBQ Sauce, Carolina Tangy Gold. It's excellent! They also make a Mississippi flavor that's really good. This recipe is a variation on that; I used a different sauce and added root beer.

These are so easy to make, but taste like you spent a lot of time on them! The root beer gives an extra layer of flavor and leaves a nice after taste. 

1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (more if you're feeding a crowd)
1 bottle Jack Daniel's Spicy Original BBQ Sauce (you could use another kind, but this is the one I used when I made it, and they were a hit!)
1 can root beer (I just used store brand)
salt and pepper

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
Place in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes
In a crock pot, add root beer and BBQ sauce. Mix until blended. Set crock pot on high. 
Trim fat from chicken, shred, and place in crock pot with sauce.
I cooked mine on high for almost an hour, stirring it occasionally. You could also let it simmer on low for awhile. Just make sure you're checking and stirring sometimes. 
Also, when I served ours, I had some left over in the crock pot, so I turned it down to keep it from burning. Serve on hamburger buns or King's Hawaiian bread. They make little sub rolls and hamburger-like buns that work great!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really delicious and something new to try. Thank you for sharing this.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete